Every child can succeed.
BA from Stockton University
MSW, Master of Social Work, Licensed Social Work
This is my eighth year as a School Social Worker at SMRS, through an initiative named the Saint Michael Family Center, which has been funded by the Pascale Sykes Foundation. Through my role, I am able to support families and help meet their concerns by connecting the home environment, school setting, and community together.
This is also my fifth year as a School Counselor at St. Michael. Every week, I meet with students K-5 and provide them with their guidance special. For those students in middle school, I meet with them for one marking period for their elective. The theme of the lessons include, but are not limited to:
- Bullying and peer pressure
- Self-esteem and empathy
- Digital Citizenship and safety
- Communication and building friendships
- Feelings and emotion management
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Personality and Careers
Google Certified Educator, Level 1
My Classroom is Special Because:
1) I have the opportunity to work with and teach all grades during the school year
2) I employ fun, hands-on activities to encourage learning
3) I am always here to listen to and support students on their best and worst days
What Inspired Me to Be a Teacher?
Even if I am only able to help one student, then I have done my job.
A Little About Myself…
My favorite place to visit is Ocean City, New Jersey. I love to spend time with my family and friends, reading, and baking.