Hello Parents and Guardians,
My name is Kate Riggio and I am a licensed social worker graduating with my MSW from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, in 2013.
For over seven years, I have had the pleasure of working at SMRS as a school social worker through an initiative named the Child Connection Center (CCC). This school year, the CCC is turning into the Saint Michael Family Center, which is continuing to be funded by the Pascale Sykes Foundation.
Through my role, I am able to support families by providing services based on academic, social, emotional, behavioral, spiritual, or financial need. This school year, I will continue to offer:
• Individual and small group counseling
• Parent and teacher consultations
• At-home and in-classroom strategies
• Newsletters and information on community resources
I am pleased to announce that for a fifth year, I will be meeting with students K-5 and providing them with their Guidance special. For those students in middle school, I will be meeting with them for one marking period for their elective. The theme of the lessons include, but are not limited to:
• Bullying and peer pressure
• Self-esteem and empathy
• Digital Citizenship and safety
• Communication and building friendships
• Feelings and emotion management
• Problem solving and conflict resolution
• Personality and Careers
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out at any time. I look forward to working with your family this school year and couldn’t be happier to be back at SMRS! Thank you for all of your support!
Kate Riggio, LSW
Phone: (856) 881-0067