According to The National Middle School Association, a developmentally responsive middle level school program provides:
- Curriculum that is challenging, integrative, and exploratory
- Varied teaching and learning approaches
- Assessment and evaluation that promotes learning
- Flexible organizational structures
- Programs and policies that foster health, wellness, and safety
- Comprehensive guidance and support services
The middle school elective program at St. Michael the Archangel Regional School is our response to today’s challenge to provide young adolescents with a well-balanced educational experience that will prepare them for the future. Fortified by their faith and with a strong academic and cultural background, they will be prepared to accept responsibility for their own choices and actions and confidently take their place in society.
The program combines both required and elective classes:
Required classes include Health and Physicial Education, Foreign Language, Music History, Art History, Guidance, Personality and Career, Technology.
Elective classes include but are not limited to Arts and Crafts, Drawing and Painting,
Printmaking, Sculpture, Basic Math Skills Review, Math Games, Engineering,
Robotics, US Historical Sites, World Geography, Scratch, Prezi, Photo Editing,
Keyboarding, Excel, Begin Your Own Business, Run A Business,
Cross Stitch, CPR, Gimp.
For more information or details about the program call the school office at (856) 881-0067.